- The British pound jumped higher on Wednesday after a poll appeared to show that backing for the U.K. to stay in the European Union has increased.
- The survey, conducted by Ipsos Mori, showed an 18 percentage point lead for the remain camp, on 55%, while leave languished at 37%.
- Polls have so far been extremely mixed. Those conducted online show both sides much closer, while polls conducted over the phone have suggested a lead for remain.
- Ipsos Mori’s Wednesday poll was a phone survey.
- Sterling is up 0.73% against the dollar, at $1.456, and up by 1.06% against the euro, hitting €1.291.